Church of the Resurrection, as well as blood church, Church of the Redeemer and Savior Blood Church is a well-known cathedral in St. Petersburg. The church is following the example of Moscow’s St. Basil’s Cathedral in the “new style” and designed as a single building of the St. Petersburg city, which is not oriented on the Italian classical and western architectural styles, according to striking. It was built from 1883 to 1912 at the spot where Alexander II was assassinated. It was opened to commemorate the centenary of the victory over Napoleon Bonaparte at the “Patriotic War” and the 300th anniversary of the Romanov dynasty. The Church is significantly located beside the Griboedov Canal.
Taking cues from old Russian models design of the building covers an area of approximately 7,000sqf., the inner-coverage design with mosaics in the Russian style icon and exterior decoration consists mainly mosaics. The church was built after the plans Parland Alfred, a famous architect of Russia. The history of the church was very changeable. Once conceived as a monument and less than a house of God, they never served religious purposes. Initially used as a concert hall, museum and later as a theater, they should be in the history of Russia and the Soviet Union pulled down several times and was closed to the public for decades. Only in the 90s could complete the ongoing renovation of periods and the building reopened as a museum.